What is an ion
Que 1- What is an ion ?
Ans- An ion is a charged particle. It can be either positively charged or negatively charged. A negatively charged ion is called an anion and a positively charged ion is called a cation. Ions may consist a single charged atom or a group of atoms that have a net charge on them. Such a group of atoms carrying a net charge is known as a polyatomic ion. For example, Nat is a single charged atom and is known as sodium cation. Cl- is aa single charged atom and is known as chloride anion. NO, is a group of atoms carrying net negative charge and is known polyatomic anion.
Que 2-Name the ions in the following compounds :
Sodium fluoride, potassium bromide, calcium oxide, silver sulphide.
Ans- Sodium fluoride – Sodium cation and fluoride anion
Potassium bromide- Potassium ion (cation) and bromide ion (anion)
Calcium oxide – Calcium ion (cation)and oxide ion (anion)
Silver sulphide – Silver ion(cation) and sulphide ion (anion)
Que 3- Give an account of existence of various elements and compounds.
Ans- Metals exist as atomic crystals and do not form molecules. Generally, metals and other elements like carbon and silicon do not have single molecular structure but consist of a very large indefinite number of atoms bonded together. A form of carbon bonded with sixty atoms is called buckminsterfullerence.
Non-metals exist as molecules containing one or more atoms For example, argon exists as Ar and nitrogen as N
Compounds containing non-metals only exist as molecules. For example, compound of nitrogen and hydrogen is a ammonia molecule. Compound of carbon and oxygen is a carbon dioxide molecule.
Compounds containing metal and non-metal exist as ions. For example, compound of sodium and chlorine consists of positively charged sodium ions and negatively charged chloride ions.
- what are X-ray ?
- what are cathode rays?
- drawbacks of Dalton’s atomic theory
- दूरी और विस्थापन क्या हैं | परिभाषा, अंतर, सूत्र, मात्रक, क्या है
- magnification formula of mirror
- convex mirror formula in hindi free pdf 2022
- concave mirror formula in hindi free pdf 2022
- प्रकाश किसे कहते हैं? What is light?
- गोलीय दर्पण किसे कहते हैं ?
- गोलीय दर्पण कितने प्रकार के होते हैं ? प्रत्येक के उपयोग लिखिए।
- अवतल दर्पण द्वारा प्रतिबिम्ब कैसे बनता हैं
- लेन्स किसे कहते हैं ? What is Lens?
- बल क्या है? | बल कितने प्रकार के होते हैं,मात्रक
- त्वरण किसे कहते हैं मात्रक
- घर्षण क्या है
- गुरुत्वाकर्षण नियतांक G की परिभाषा
- गुरुत्व बल किसे कहते है | गुरुत्व की परिभाषा
- What is motion ?
- What is wave motion ?
- What is vibration ?
- What is Oscillatory Motion ?
- what is acceleration ?
- what is speed ?
- what is velocity ?
- kinetic energy definition
- derive first equation of motion
- different between gravitation G and gravity g
What is an ion free pdf 2022,What is an ion free pdf 2022,What is an ion free pdf 2022,